Mauricio Torres, 6 years, sodomized, dies

  • By Michael Weitzman
  • 07 Mar, 2017

Bella Vista Boy’s Death Caused By Rape And Chronic Child Abuse, Prosecutor Says


BENTON COUNTY (KFSM) – The death of a 6-year-old boy in Bella Vista was caused by injuries related to rape and chronic child abuse, according to the Benton County prosecutor.

Maurice Isaiah Torres’ biological parents, Mauricio Alejandro Torres, 45, and Cathy Lynn Torres, 43, were arrested Monday (April 6) and are facing charges of capital murder, rape and first-degree battery in connection to his death, Prosecutor Nathan Smith said.

On Sunday, March 29 at approximately 11:33 p.m., Cathy Torres placed a 911 call from her home on Cresswell Circle in Bella Vista saying her son had stopped breathing, according to a probable cause affidavit released on Tuesday (April 7).

When emergency medical personnel from the Bella Vista Fire Department arrived at the house they found the boy unresponsive and lying on his back on the living room floor, the affidavit states. Before leaving the Torres' home to take Maurice Isaiah Torres, who goes by Isaiah, to Mercy Hospital in Bella Vista, the medics noticed numerous lacerations and severe bruising on the child and notified the Bella Vista Police Department about the situation, according to the affidavit.

When the child arrived at the hospital doctors attempted lifesaving treatment, but were unable to revive him and Isaiah was pronounced dead at the hospital at 12:23 a.m. on Monday, March 30, according to the affidavit.

The firefighters who responded to the 911 call told police that when they asked Mauricio and Cathy Torres about what happened to their son, the parents told them they had just returned from a camping trip and were unaware of any event or medical history that would have caused Isaiah's condition, the affidavit states.

When the firefighters put Isaiah on a cot to take him into the ambulance they noticed heavy bruising and puncture wounds all over his body, according to the affidavit.

Upon closer inspection, police found cuts on Isaiah's head, knees and upper feet, as well as multiple wounds on his back and major bruising on his right side, the affidavit states. As doctors told police Isaiah also had signs of blunt trauma to his head, trunk and arms and legs, as well as multiple superficial lacerations and bruises, a nurse notified them that blood had been found in the boy's rectum, according to the affidavit.

Doctors told police that Mauricio Torres attributed the injuries to Isaiah's back to a chemical burn in that past and that he had been treated for the injuries at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock, the affidavit states.

Officers took the entire Torres family to the police department where Mauricio and Cathy were separated, according to the affidavit.

In her interview, Cathy Torres told police the family had gone on an overnight camping trip to Hollister, Missouri and arrived home around 10 p.m. on March 29, the affidavit states. She said Isaiah had complained of a stomachache earlier that day, but fell asleep on the drive home after taking some Pepto-Bismol and appeared normal when the family got home, according to the affidavit. Torres told officers she also gave Isaiah some green tea before he went to bed because his stomach was still hurting and when she returned moments later, he wasn't breathing, the affidavit states.

When a detective confronted Cathy Torres stating the injuries on Isaiah's body appeared to be a result of child abuse, Cathy denied causing the injuries, but when asked if her husband caused them she stated "I didn't do it, let's say that," according to the affidavit. When confronted about Isaiah's nose appearing to have been broken, she replied that it had always been a little crooked, the affidavit states.

Cathy Torres told detectives that she and Mauricio rarely spank the kids and that her husband is loving with the children, according to the affidavit.

In his interview, Mauricio Torres confirmed that the family arrived home from their trip late Sunday night and that Isaiah had complained of a stomachache, had diarrhea and vomited a small amount, the affidavit states. Mauricio also told detectives he had trouble waking Isaiah up after the ride home and that Cathy had helped him take a shower before putting him to bed, according to the affidavit. Mauricio said he asked Cathy about whether they should take Isaiah to the emergency room, but Cathy said the hospital wouldn't admit him for just a stomachache, the affidavit states.

When detectives confronted Mauricio about the injuries on Isaiah's body, he denied any knowledge of them and stated that police will have to ask his wife about that, according to the affidavit.

After taking a break, detectives said Mauricio was worried about the possibility that Cathy had cut a deal with police to blame him for Isaiah's death and told officers that whenever he asked about the child's injuries Cathy told him he fell, the affidavit states. Mauricio went on to tell detectives that he had never witnessed Cathy doing anything to Isaiah and that she knows he wouldn't betray her, according to the affidavit.

On the morning of March 30, the boy's sisters, ages 6 and 8, who also lived in the Bella Vista home, were taken by DHS to the Children's Advocacy Center in Little Flock so that they could be interviewed regarding the circumstance of Isaiah's death, the affidavit states.

The children told interviewers that Isaiah had a stomachache the day they returned from the camping trip and Mauricio had to carry their brother into the house when they arrived home, according to the affidavit. The sisters helped undress Isaiah so that he could take a bath and when Mauricio carried him into the shower, Isaiah fell, the affidavit states. The girls said Isaiah was acting strange and was not really awake when Cathy put him to bed after the shower, according to the affidavit.

On March 30, The Bella Vista Police Department conducted a search of the Torres' home after obtaining a search warrant. Inside they discovered what appeared to be blood spatter on the walls, floor and ceiling of the master bedroom and attached bathroom, the affidavit states. Officers also found what appeared to be blood spatter on two 15 pound dumbbells found next to the bathtub, a fire poker tool on the floor by the bed, vomit on the bed and a stethoscope, according to the affidavit.

During an interview on March 31, Cathy Torres told detectives the only time she had not been with Isaiah between Friday, March 27 and Sunday, March 29 was when she went to Lowe's for 45 minutes around 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, the affidavit states.

Cathy then acknowledged seeing her husband inflict injuries on Isaiah in the past, including hitting the child with a belt, an extension cord and his knuckles, according to the affidavit. She also admitted to seeing Isaiah bleed as a result of some of these incidents, the affidavit states. Cathy stated that when Mauricio would spank Isaiah he would threaten to hit him again if he cried because he had to learn to be a man, according to the affidavit. She then told detectives that she knows it's her fault for what happened to Isaiah because she didn't stop her husband from hurting him, the affidavit states.

Detectives conducted another interview with Cathy Torres on April 1, during which she told them Mauricio hurt Isaiah, but denied knowing about the child being raped despite autopsy findings, the affidavit states. She also told detectives she's scared of her husband and shouldn't have let fear take control of her life, according to the affidavit.

Cathy told detectives the first time she had seen Mauricio hit Isaiah was around January after Christmas, according to the affidavit. She then described two incidents, one involving an electrical cord and another involving Mauricio's knuckles, where Isaiah bled and her husband told him to take a shower, the affidavit states. Cathy stated that after making him take a shower, Mauricio would put Neosporin on Isaiah's injuries, according to the affidavit.

According to Cathy, when her husband would come home from work, their daughters would tattle on Isaiah so Mauricio would gather everyone for a discussion in the bedroom to tell them what they were supposed to do, the affidavit states. Mauricio would then send Cathy and the girls out of the room so that he could spank Isaiah, according to the affidavit.

On April 3, the Bella Vista and Bentonville Police Departments searched a camper trailer used by the Torres family during their trip to Hollister, Missouri, according to the affidavit. Inside they found a large circle of what appeared to be blood on one of the mattresses after it had been flipped over to hide the stain, as well as other areas of suspected blood spatter throughout the camper, the affidavit states.

On March 31, the Arkansas State Medical Examiner conducted an autopsy on Isaiah and ruled his manner of death was homicide, according to the affidavit. The cause of death was acute peritonitis due to rectal trauma, which occurred within 24 hours of Isaiah's death, the affidavit states. The medical examiner's office also noted multiple healing, healed and acute blunt force injuries to Isaiah's head, trunk and arms and legs and said the child had suffered repeated, significant abusive injuries, according to the affidavit.

To read the probable cause affidavit from police, click here .

Benton County Prosecutor Nathan Smith said it’s too early to determine whether he plans to seek the death penalty in this case.

On Tuesday (April 7), Benton County Circuit Judge Brad Karren ordered Cathy and Mauricio Torres be held without bond at the Benton County Detention Center, upholding the no-bail request made by Smith.

The couple is scheduled to appear in court on May 18.

Smith said all of the Torres children had been home-schooled and the affidavit shows Isaiah and his six-year-old sister shared the same birthday.

The Samaritan Community Center in Rogers and Springdale also released a statement after learning about Isaiah's death. According to the center's Director of Community Relations, Isaiah, his mother and his two sisters had been volunteers there for over three years. Their volunteer efforts were part of a large group of families volunteering as part of Cathy's employer's community outreach program, according to the statement.

"We are absolutely heartbroken to hear of Isaiah's death and our thoughts and prayers are with his two sisters," said Executive Director Debbie Rambo. "Our staff has discussed the family's volunteer efforts with the Bella Vista Police Department as part of their investigation into his death with no unusual or significant information being disclosed."

The Health Care Hiring website  lists a Maurice A. Torres as a Medicaid provider in Arkansas. The address listed on the website matches the address listed for Mauricio Torres in the probable cause affidavit. His specialties listed on the website include adolescent and children mental health and ambulatory health care facilities.



Day 3: Isaiah’s Sister, Medical Examiner Testify In Mauricio Torres’ Capital Murder Trial


BENTON COUNTY (KFSM) -- The 9-year-old sister of a 6-year-old boy who police say was killed by Mauricio Torres took the stand Thursday (Nov. 10) in her father's capital murder trial.

Torres and his wife Cathy are accused of killing Maurice Isaiah Torres, who went by Isaiah, in March 2015. Testimony in Torres' trial began Tuesday after the jury was seated Monday (Nov. 7).

On Tuesday, the prosecution told the jury Torres sodomized Isaiah with a stick, which led to internal injuries that eventually killed him. The defense is arguing Torres did not intend to kill his son.

WARNING: The details of this case could be disturbing to some readers.

Isaiah's sister was questioned by the prosecution first. She told the jury her brother was abused often.

She talked about instances when Isaiah was forced to sleep in a cage every night and on at least one occasion was forced to sleep in a recycling bin in the bathroom.

She also told the jury her father would yank Isaiah's teeth out with pliers when he found out Isaiah had been speaking badly about him.

Other punishments the 9-year-old described included Torres hitting Isaiah with a stick or an electric cable. She said there were also instances when Torres would make her hit Isaiah with a stick. She said she complied with her father's demands because she was afraid of what would happen if she didn't.

Other times, Torres would make Isaiah carry weights around on his shoulders.

Isaiah's sister also said her brother was not allowed to eat with her or their other sister. Instead he was only allowed to eat peanut butter, rice and beans. She also told the jury her father would force Isaiah to drink Torres' urine and eat his feces. There were also instances when Torres would urinate in a bucket, drunk Isaiah's underwear in it and force his son to wear them on his head.

The girl said her brother was only allowed to take cold showers. She also described a time one of her parents, she couldn't remember which, poured bleach on Isaiah after which he was taken to Children's Hospital in Little Rock to be treated for second-degree burns.

When Prosecutor Nathan Smith asked her about what happened in the day leading up to Isaiah's death, the sister told the jury they were camping in Missouri when at one point she saw Isaiah in the shower with his hands and legs tied with shoelaces with no clothes on. Before the family went home to Bella Vista, the girl said Torres told Isaiah to come into the camper and when the door opened she saw her brother had a stick in his rectum.

When they got home, the sister told the jury Isaiah couldn't even get out of the car. A few hours later he was rushed to the hospital where he died.

The 9-year-old was also cross examined by the defense attorney Bill James. He asked her why she never told anyone these details before. The child told him she didn't know why.

The jury then heard from Dr. Stephen Erickson, the medical examiner who determined Isaiah's cause of death was rape and chronic child abuse.

Erickson told the jury the child's injuries were consistent with a textbook-case of chronic child abuse and his death was caused by sepsis from blunt anal rectal trauma.

He then described the numerous injuries he found on Isaiah's body during the autopsy. The photos of the autopsy were also shown to the jury.

Erickson said the boy had several untreated injuries and scars in abnormal places that he couldn't explain. He also told the jury Isaiah's teeth had be knocked out and his nose was deformed and broken after never being treated.

Erickson described an injury under Isaiah's breast bone that went all the way to his hip bone, although he said it didn't contribute to his death. He also attributed the bruises on the child's fingers and wrists to Isaiah shielding himself from being hit.

Erickson said he counted more than 60 injuries on the boy's back that made a u-shape pattern and looked like whip marks. There were also lacerations on the child's knees and 30 scars on his head.

The medical examiner also described the injuries to Isaiah's rectum that eventually led to the septic shock that killed him.

During cross-examination, the defense asked Erickson if it looked as though Isaiah had ever been tied up, he told them it did not. The defense also asked if a big ring that was worn backwards could have caused some of lacerations, Erickson told them yes. Finally, Erickson was asked if a stick pushed up the child's rectum could have caused his injuries, to which he also said yes.

The prosecution rested their case today. The trial will resume Nov. 14 after Veterans Day and the weekend.

For details about the first day of testimony, click here . For the second day, click here .

Torres is facing charges of capital murder, rape and battery in the death of his son. Cathy Torres is facing the same charges and is expected to go before a jury in May 2017.

The prosecution is seeking the death penalty in both cases.

By Michael Weitzman 05 Aug, 2017

Bradenton Herald

January 18, 2017 2:56 PM

By Michael Weitzman 05 Aug, 2017

BY Kerry Burke   Mary Mcdonnell   Graham Rayman   Larry Mcshane


Updated: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 4:06 AM

It took city officials five months to confirm what neighbors suspected immediately: 3-year-old Caleb Rivera  was a murder victim.

“I had an idea,” said Nikki Whatley, 39, who performed CPR on the gaunt little boy outside their East Harlem apartment building last August.

“I still see that boy’s eyes in my nightmare and in my dreams,” said Whatley, the mother of four. “That boy was lifeless when I got to him.”

Caleb’s death was declared a homicide Friday after the city medical examiner determined he was killed by multiple blows to the head and neck.

The boy’s mother, who was in their apartment with two men when Caleb was mortally injured, insisted she had no idea who was to blame for her son’s killing.

“I am not talking to anybody about anything,” mom Alexandra Guzman said from behind the door of her apartment on Friday. “I am not giving up anything. Why are you harassing me?”

Asked specifically who killed little Caleb Rivera, the mother answered, “Nobody. It was — have a good day. Nobody. That is the only answer you’ll get from me.”

Construction worker Adrian Rivera, 24, the child’s father, said he’s suspected for months that Guzman was hiding something.

“He was a happy healthy baby and I loved my baby,” he said. “They should both go to jail. I want to know: Did he do this and then she covered up? If the police won’t do something, I will.”

Rivera said after he and Guzman broke up, she barred him from seeing Caleb. He said he begged her to bring the baby to his mother’s house. “She wouldn’t. I texted her the week before (Caleb died): ‘Please bring me my baby.’ She said she was good where she was. She wouldn’t bring him to me, and then this happened.”

By Jane Alvarez 30 Jul, 2017

             April, Child Abuse Awareness month, has passed. It went by without any comment from the Director of Social Services, Ted Myers (“…blood is thicker than water…”, or attorney Andrew Wolf, (“…we do the legally correct thing…”).

            During television interviews with Santa Barbara’s KEYT-TV a few of years ago on the question raised by a Ventura County Star editorial regarding the whereabouts of Mario,  these gentlemen, in making the above statements,  attempted to explain why Social Service workers, and an a child advocate attorney advocate and/or permit the re-unification of an abused child with its abuser(s).  Mario was a toddler beaten into a coma by his mother.  Social workers reunified Mario with his mother even though he continued to be abused. 

            We have heard, and continue to hear, numerous times that Social Services’ purpose is to protect children from abuse. The child’s advocate in Court is supposed to also protect their right to freedom from abuse. Neither succeeds.

            And the reason they do not is revealed by their statements. Their hands are tied. Mr. Wolf is correct, re-unification is the legally correct thing to do, never mind that questions of ethics and morality are raised by the re-unification of a person who lacks love and parenting skills with a child who is helpless to speak for or defend himself.  

            And, yes, though it is a convenient and telling euphemism, blood is thicker than water. It merely goes to prove the point that a tiny human feels a craving for and needs love from the only caregiver it has known from birth. Though the child bonds, the adult may not want to or cannot commit to a responsibility.

            Congress, in its infinite wisdom, saw the tragedies brought about by the abuse of children. They saw not only the physical and emotional effects, but also acknowledged that deaths of children were sometimes the outcome of such conduct. They further saw the financial toll upon society, not only for the treatment of the physical and emotional injuries, but upon the fact that some of these children become a financial burden rather than positive contributors to society. As Congress does best they began the battle against child abuse by passing laws, in this case, Title 42 of the United States Code, Chapter 67, Section 5106a.

            This released money to fund Social Services and created responsibilities to fund programs. It created a confidentiality clause to protect not only the child’s identity and reputation but also that of the abuser. It required every State to pass a law saying that re-unification of the abused with its abuser was not required. But it also stated that despite a parent or caregiver having killed or assaulted a child the State (read as Judge), could, on a case by case basis, reunify a child of the sibling with the killer or abuser. Congress sat back; it had passed a law to protect children.

            In other words, blood is thicker than water and re-unification is the legally correct thing to do, regardless of what further injuries the child will suffer. 

By Jane Alvarez 30 Jul, 2017

 I recently attended a meeting where I listened to gut-wrenching stories from adults who feared for the safety of their children who were reporting sexual crimes against them by family members. As the founder of The Children’s Wall of Tears™, these stories are not new to me as I hear hundreds of cases each year.

  • When there is testimony from children telling of abuse, and no one is charged with the crime, I wonder why there are so many deaf ears.
  • When there are written notes from therapists saying the child is a credible witness and the child still remains in the home with the abuser,
 I wonder where the justice is for this child. Who are these social workers and judges who overlook these very important facts? Does the family unit come before the child’s safety? Remember the attorney who said, “ We don’t do what is in the child’s best interest. We do the legally correct thing. ” (KEYT-TV documentary “Where’s Mario?” between me & court appointed child attorney.)
  • Re-define the family unit. A family unit doesn’t burn, beat, break bones, starve, scald, kill or sexually molest their children.
  • Define child abuse as the crime it is.  Child abusers are criminals. It is not a family problem. If I slap you, you can have me arrested. If I injure you, I can be charged with a felony assault. Why is it that we beat, burn, break bones, scald, starve, sexually molest our children and it is a family problem?
  •  Hold judges and social workers accountable when they continually reunify defenseless children with their abusers and the child continues to suffer. Police officers are held accountable when their actions cause injury or death,  yet, judges and social workers have a great deal of information PRIOR to their decisions when they reunify an abused child with their abusers and the child(ren) dies, they are not held accountable. 
  • Lift the cloak of confidentiality from judges and social services. CPS decline to comment about its actions, citing confidentiality.    Many say, “We can do better.” I say, “Why aren’t we doing better?”
By Jane Alvarez 30 Jul, 2017

      Recently Leo and I visited the great city of Oklahoma and toured the Oklahoma Bombing Memorial.  Without a doubt, this memorial strengthened our faith in the American people, our patriotism and our feelings against terrorism. We could not help but walk away from this great monument with a passion that undoubtedly carved our futures. Throughout our tour of the memorial we could not help but think about the 168 lives lost in this horrific event. There was one particular photo on the wall of the daycare center showing children that were signed-in that fateful day. It haunts us. What madman would callously murder innocent children, let alone adults?

     We read every sign and studied every photo in the museum.  We were overwhelmed with sadness and rage at the very same time.  We began to systematically think about terrorism and what it really means and how it affects our lives.



the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

          2.  the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terroization.

          3.  a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

     Terrorism begins with creating a fear within the victim and escalates quickly to injury and in many cases death. Until September 11, 2001, few Americans were aware that terror existed beyond that seen on movies or on TV.   After 911, we became aware of our vulnerability to suffering at the hands of people who find it acceptable to inflict pain on innocent people without blinking an eye. The bombing in Oklahoma City  traumatized this great nation. We were forced to face the anxiety of knowing that at any time, in any place, violence can strike, and in that respect, we are now victims of terrorism.

            While we feel a deep sadness for the victims of the attacks in New York City and Washington D.C., the plane crash in Pennsylvania and their families and the Oklahoma City Bombing and their families, who have lived to suffer the devastating pain of the loss of a loved one, we began to think about the children here in the United States who live under this anxiety every day. How did we overlook their terrorism?   Most call it child abuse. We call it child cruelty.

            In child’s world, violence comes not at the hands of politically motivated extremists, but from their parents or caregivers. Suffering comes not from weapons of mass destruction, but fists, belts, scalding water, locked in dark closets, and cruel words. Attacks are not a rare occurrence, but a daily reality. Knowing that it is coming is the epitome of terrorism especially since a child is incapable of defending himself and does not know where to turn to avoid the torture and pain of neglect or abuse.

            We kept thinking about the fact that while we watched news coverage of buildings crumbling and thousands of terrified, innocent people running for their lives, young spirits are being crushed at the hands of heartless adults with no high-profile media coverage to spark a country to awareness and action. Yes, we occasionally see, hear and read of young victims being abused or killed, but, few people are moved to act. The usual response to such news is an “…Oh, no!...” statement, and then on to breaking news.

            While troops of rescue workers sift through debris in a desperate attempt to recover victims, young children are cowering in corners after yet another merciless beating, wondering if anyone cares enough to rescue them. While an entire nation mourns for the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks and the Oklahoma City Bombing, abused children continue to suffer horrifically with no tears of sadness shed on their behalf. Is it apathy on the part of the general public? Apparently so. we don’t see any great rush of humanity at the breaking story of another child being beaten or killed. Nor do we see more than platitudes from public officials or legislators. Yes, you will hear comments that such and such should be investigated. You hear that so and so is understaffed, overworked, and over whelmed but you do not hear from the front line workers who deal with child abuse on a daily basis.

            For the past 25 years, we have been working to increase America’s awareness to the horrors of child cruelty and to bring the reality of the unimaginable level of physical and mental suffering these children deal with to the forefront.

           We have written numerous commentaries and letters to the editors of newspapers and given speeches and talks to various groups and organizations. We have spoken in Washington, D.C. before a distinguished group of professionals and even sponsored a law in the California Legislature to provide computerized criminal history to child protective service workers so that they do not reunify the child with criminals.  Unfortunately, that law failed in the appropriations department.  Apparently $50,000 for the entire State of California is not worth protecting children.  We have spent anguished hours over the opposition we have received and welcomed the pats on the back. But, child cruelty continues and children continue to live the daily terror awaiting the next blow.

            Statistics show that everyday, scores of children are terrorized by abusive parents and that list continues to grow each year. Every 10 seconds a child is abused. Every 5 hours a child is killed. In cold, hard terms that means that every day a small hand is held over a flame, an infant is dipped in scalding water, a child is forced to swallow household cleansers, an empty stomach grumbles while parents eat, a terrified toddler trembles in a dark, locked closet, a tiny arm is broken, a life comes to a premature end. The scenes of the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were difficult to look at, but, they can’t compare to the scenes that flash in front of the small eyes of an abused child.

            I leave it to you to decide if a child, under these circumstances, is experiencing not only terror but wondering when it all will end.

            The unified resolve shown by the American people following the recent terrorist attacks is impressively powerful and elicits confidence that swift, sure action will be taken to punish and prevent terrorist acts. If only that same level of mass resolve were focused on saving abused children. If only our country stood unified in the defense of these helpless children, how many young victims of daily terrorism could be saved? How many small spirits could be recovered? How many terrorists could be stopped?

            We wonder what horrendous atrocity must occur to a child before every American resolves to put an end to child cruelty in every home in which it occurs.We  have stated before, in print and speeches, that there is a pandemic of child cruelty throughout the world. Now, with the advent of the bird flu, mad cow disease, tainted spinach, Aids and other “epidemics”, the word pandemic has become as familiar to us as the word terrorism and, unfortunately, we must now state that a pandemic of child cruelty now exists on this Planet.

            Simply put in perspective, if a disease were killing hundreds of children in America each year, the Center for Disease Control would mobilize everything it could to find the cause. Federal and State governments would spend millions on treatment and trying to find a cure. No stone would be left un-turned and no sum of money would be too great in an effort to end the pandemic.  Over 3,000 children are kiled through abuse and neglect each year.  Is that not an epidemic in your eyes?

            Yes, our lives were forever changed by our  visit to the Oklahoma Bombing Memorial

By Michael Weitzman 28 Jul, 2017

Interesting stories about famous people, biographies, humorous stories, photos and videos. Top of Form

Bottom of Form

By Leo Alvarez 24 Jul, 2017
It bothers many of us, and if it doesn’t bother you there is something wrong with you. I’m referring to child abuse and neglect and the killing of children.
They may deny it but the Powers That Be don’t care about American children suffering and dying, at least the Record indicates this. If they did things would change. They are interested in keeping families together, particularly the dysfunctional ones because they do not deal with “normal” families.
An attorney once said, as he referred to abused children, We may not necessarily do what is in the best interest of the child, but, we do the legally correct thing. He was and still is in the Just A System, along with the judges, Court appointed child advocates and CPS – they all know, but either keep silent or quit and give up and the children continue to suffer and die.
One law, CAPTA (Google it), Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act, is a Federal law which cannot be superceded by State laws. It is the tail that wags the dog because all States, if they want federal funding for Social Services, must comply with it. Child abuse, and resulting death, are crimes and should be prosecuted, but sometimes they are not.
CAPTA contains the confidentiality clause and the clause that says a child cannot be reunified with the killer of its sibling, except on a case by case basis to be determined by a judge.
Do you want a child abuse victim to be sent home with the abuser? It is done every day and it will continue until You and I and every American wises up.
By Michael Weitzman 05 Jul, 2017
By Michael Weitzman 03 Jul, 2017

Body of Missing 5-Year-Old Boy Found Near Lake Cachuma as His Father Is Accused of His Murder

By Dave Quinn @NineDaves  July 1, 2017

The body of a missing 5-year-old California boy last seen in late April  has been found near a Santa Barbara County lake, homicide detectives confirmed to PEOPLE Saturday.

Aramazd Andressian  Jr. was found near Lake Cachuma on Friday, after additional leads brought homicide detectives back to the area searching for additional evidence.

The discovery came hours after the boy’s father, Aramazd Andressian Sr., was extradited to Los Angeles where he has been charged with the 5-year-old’s murder. The 35-year-old man was detained on June 23 in Las Vegas  in connection with his son’s death, and is being held on $10 million bail on a single murder count.

The boy was last seen on April 20, when he and his father visited Disneyland in Anaheim, California. They left the theme park around midnight.

Within a week of the boy’s disappearance, police arrested his dad on suspicion of one count of child endangerment and one count of child abduction. But they released him days later , citing “insufficient evidence.” It was not immediately clear what prompted his re-arrest.

Officials confirm that Andressian, Sr. and his wife, Ana Estevez, are embroiled in a bitter divorce, but they shared custody of their son.

Andressian, Jr. was supposed to be dropped off by his father in San Marino, California, on April 22 — but the elder Andressian failed to show. Instead, he was found passed out near his car in a nearby park. Police have alleged that the inside of his car was doused with gasoline and there were matches in his vehicle.

Andressian, Sr. told investigators he believed he was attacked, but he had no memory of the assault. He also told police he had taken some prescription medication that morning before falling unconscious, CNN reported .

“There has been a great deal of speculation regarding the timeline around his disappearance,” Andressian, Sr. wrote in a statement  issued nearly a week after his son vanished. “The last time I saw my son was on Saturday morning, the 22nd, at Arroyo Park near my home in South Pasadena. After breakfast Aramazd Jr. wanted to go to the park before we were to meet his mother for a custody exchange at 9:00 a.m.”

“In one moment, I was at the park with my son, and then I found myself waking up in Huntington Memorial Hospital hours later,” he continued. “I was told that a good Samaritan found me unconscious on the ground near my car, with young Aramazd nowhere in sight. I can only speculate that I must have been attacked in the park, given my unresponsive state and subsequent physical condition.”

“My family and I are heartbroken and grief-stricken that Aramazd Jr. is missing and may be in harm’s way,” he continued. “I am pleading with the public to come forward with any knowledge of Aramazd Jr.’s whereabouts or information regarding the circumstances leading up to his disappearance.”

Estevez has also spoken publicly , pleading for the public’s help at a May news conference with law enforcement.

“There are no words to describe how devastated and heartbroken I am,” Estevez said through tears, before speaking directly to her son. “This message is for you my love: Be brave, honey. Don’t ever forget that mama loves you to the moon and the stars. I am counting the days until I see you honey, and I will never stop looking for you.”

“To those who are concealing my son, I pray every day that God will touch your heart and guide you to do the right thing and return my son,” she said.

Anyone with any information about this ongoing case can call the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department at 323-890-5500 or police in South Pasadena, California, at 626-403-7297.

By Michael Weitzman 03 Jul, 2017
The Columbus Dispatch
More Posts
Share by: